Registration Open Now for the First Annual Spartan River Run Kayak Race!
August 19, 2017
- Racers must be 18 years of age or older
- No refunds, event held rain or shine
- Entry fee prior to August 19th is $20.00
- Entry fee on August 19th is $25.00
- Participants must wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved PFD at all times of the race. Cushions are not approved for this race
- Racers are responsible for their own PFD, paddle and vessel
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES during the race
- Single kayaks must be under 14ft in length (not including tandem kayaks and canoes)
- Vessels may be single or tandem canoe, single or double kayak, or single SUP board
- Canoes must be propelled with a single blade paddle; kayaks with a double bladed paddle, bent shafts are permitted
- Failure to abide by the above rules will result in disqualification
- Racers will park at the Scottville boat launch area (overflow parking available at Riverside Park). From there they will be shuttled to the starting point.
- Racers will start in flights of 3-5 participants, starting at 10:30am
- Age divisions will be as follows:
• 18-25 years
• 26-32 years
• 33-39 years
• Ages 40+
- The top three finishers in each Division and Age Group will receive awards
- If you do not finish the race, you must notify a race official
- There will be three motorized boats on the Pere Marquette River for monitoring and providing assistance if needed
- Awards Ceremony at approximately 1:00 p.m. will be held at The Scottville River Park
- Registered Racers will receive a complementary lunch following the awards ceremony
- More details coming soon regarding check-in times, race numbers and parking/transportation. Please be sure to check your email provided in the registration form for updates.
Register for the race here!
RSVP on Facebook and share with your friends!
For any questions, please contact:
Discover More Area Lakes and Rivers to Explore via Canoe or Kayak...
Ludington State Park on Hamlin Lake -- Explore Hamlin Lake and surrounding waterways, starting from the State Park canoe and kayak trails.
Hamlin Lake Area Canoeing and Kayaking -- Hamlin Lake offers so many neat areas to explore on a canoe, kayak, or stand up paddle board, including upper Hamlin Lake and three different bayous.
Canoe or Kayak the Pere Marquette River near Scottville -- The moderately fast current, the clear water, and the low degree of stream bank development have all helped to make this river a mecca for those who canoe or kayak.
Explore the Lakes and Rivers of Pentwater -- Paddle the forks, estuary, and the head of Pentwater Lake on a canoe, kayak, or stand up paddle board.
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced WestMichigan.MichBiz.com directory for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.